The Eclipse MicroPen™ is a revolutionary dermal micro-needling device used to revitalize your skin. The MicroPen™ activates the natural restorative processes of the body that can be enhanced with products including hyaluronic acid, or growth promoting factors including your body’s own stem cells. The Eclipse MicroPen™ also creates micro-channels which allow topical gels, creams and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing their effects in deeper layers on the skin. MicoPen treatments are often used in combination with other therapies to give your skin a smoother, clearer, more vibrant appearance.
- MicroPen™ is safer than dermal rollers, since it utilizes sterile, single-use surgical grade disposable needle cartridge tips to gently penetrate your skin and stimulate the rejuvenation process. The unique features of the Turbo Safety Needle ® of the Eclipse MicroPen™ provide greater efficiency and clinical results while ensuring the highest level of safetyBecause the MicroPen works on ALL skin types, it is a great procedure for almost everyone!
- MicroPen’s high-speed motor provides quick penetration by the needles. The MicroPen™ contains twelve micro-needles attached to the end of the MicroPen™. The depth of the needle penetration is determined by the severity of the skin condition. Your skin has its own unique features and individual needs. The conveniently adjustable needle depth allows Dr. Hernberg to customize your treatment to address your specific goals.
Benefits of MicroPen treatments:
- Improving fine lines and wrinkles
- Tightening skin and improving tone
- Promoting collagen and elastin production
- Reducing the appearance of acne scarring, pigmentation and stretch marks
The penetration of the skin’s surface by MicroPen™, stimulates collagen production. The Eclipse MicroPen™ also creates micro-channels, which allow topical gels, creams and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing their effects in deeper layers on the skin. An advance use of the MicroPen™ treatment is to add your own stem cells obtained as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) to initiate Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT). It has been widely reported in the news that celebrities have undergone a procedure involving injections of PRP. The Procedure is often referred to as the Vampire Facelift® created in 2010 by Dr. Charles Runels. A PRP/CIT facial involving the MicroPen™ is a different medical procedure that does not involve needle injections but uses your own blood to initiate the rejuvenation process to create a more youthful appearance. Blood is taken from your arm and is centrifuged so platelets can be isolated from the rest of the blood. The platelets are then activated. Once activated, it is placed on your face during a MicroPen™ treatement to induce new growth of collagen, and skin rejuvenation. The procedure is quick, comfortable with the use of topical analgesics and social downtime of 2-4 days.
Immediately after a treatment, patients may notice that their skin has a glow and looks more refreshed. Redness will occur in the treatment area and usually lasts about 2 to 4 days. Some patients have reported complete healing after 24 hours. Typically, results will become more evident within a few days and over the following weeks after the treatment. Results tend to continue to improve for up to 6 months after the treatment.
Patients usually receive 3 to 4 treatments, but many need up to 6 sessions depending on the damage level of the skin. Each treatment is spaced 2 to 8 weeks apart. Patients with deep scarring or wrinkles are more likely to need additional sessions.