What is CoolSculpting Elite®? CoolSculpting Elite®, also known as “the new generation of cool” is the latest version of CoolSculpting…
Dr. Scott Hernberg, the leader in Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation is excited to bring the latest technology to South Jersey for patients of all ages, who are seeking skin resurfacing without downtime or risks for adverse events. The Tetra CO2 laser is one of the most advanced CO2 technologies available, with the ability to perform a broad range of treatments. Whether you’re looking for a CoolPeel™ with minimal downtime, a treatment for the delicate area around the eyes, or lines around the mouth; this CO2 Laser interface will allow you to receive treatments with unparalleled precision.
- FDA-cleared CO2 FRACTIONAL ABLATIVE LASER
- Resurfaces skin without significant downtime
- Treats delicate areas such as around eyes, or mouth
- Pairs well with Virtue RF treatment
- Promotes younger and healthier looking skin
- Suitable for both men and women
- Treats wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, enlarged pores and other skin blemishes
The Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ is the first and only system of its kind. CO2 lasers are the gold standard in treating wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, and other blemishes as well as tighten skin and balance tone. Damaged skin tissue is removed, or ablated, stimulating new collagen production and heat energy is delivered to tighten the skin. Sounds great but CO2 treatments are often accompanied by considerable downtime and risk while the damaged skin heals. Many advances have been made to improve the side effects of CO2 treatments but ONLY the CoolPeel™ can deliver a fractional ablative treatment without the downtime. There is minimal risk of hyperpigmentation, demarcation or induced infection.
CoolPeel laser treatment can only be done using the Tetra CO2 laser. The Tetra is the latest, most advanced CO2 laser from DEKA, a global leader in aesthetic technology. Only Tetra can control its output to deliver high energy in extremely short pulses to deliver impressive superficial, skin resurfacing results without the lingering heat that would traditionally damage the surrounding skin. The lack of unnecessary heat is why it is called “cool.”
- The CO2 laser is considered the gold standard in the treatment of wrinkles, signs of aging, and many other skin imperfections.
- Although many advances have been made in CO2 Laser treatments, only CoolPeel™ with Tetra CO2 Laser can deliver a fractional ablative treatment without significant downtime. There is minimal risk of hyperpigmentation, demarcation, or induced infection. Like other ablative lasers, the CoolPeel renews skin by quickly heating water molecules in the skin’s deeper layers, which triggers the body’s natural healing response and stimulates collagen production. Unlike most ablative lasers, which remove the superficial layer of skin tissue and usually entail a lengthy downtime, the CoolPeel™ laser delivers high energy in a super-short pulse that creates controlled injury to the dermis with less lingering heat in the surrounding skin. This means less flaking and peeling afterward. In addition to extremely short pulse times that prevent thermal damage to skin, the laser also has a unique “spray” pattern that shortens the overall treatment time. The treatment time can take up to 15 minutes to complete a full treatment on the face, while other ablative laser treatments can take much longer, depending on the treatment area.
- By targeting just, the superficial layer of skin tissue, damaged skin is removed, revealing younger and healthier looking skin – which makes CoolPeel™ ideal for individuals who want skin correction, but simply do not want any downtime. With other settings on the innovative Tetra CO2, we can perform considerably deeper treatments for those patients who desire or need it, which will require longer downtimes. The flexibility of Tetra CO2 Laser ¬allows us to offer the full range of CO2 treatments and benefits to you. Even better results can be achieved by combining the CoolPeel™ treatment with other procedures including Micro Needling with Radio Frequency – Virtue RF or an IPL.
Yes, these treatments are completely safe. They have been cleared by the FDA. The CoolPeel™ treatment is considered safe, though like most ablative laser skin resurfacing treatments, it does come with minimal risk of hyperpigmentation- skin darkening, or hypopigmentation- skin lightening, among people with olive or brown skin tones.
You are a good candidate for CoolPeel™ laser treatment if you are looking to reduce the appearance of fine lines and sun damage, minimize pores, and improves skin texture. Tetra CO2 is suited for men and women who are looking to reduces the appearance of fine lines and sun damage, minimize pores and improves skin texture. Your skin will look healthier and younger.
- Diminish uneven skin texture
- Reduce acne scars
- Improve skin tone
- Minimize pore size
- Soften signs of aging
- Remove damage
- Eliminate dark spots
- Diminish age spots
- Prior to your first Tetra CO2 appointment you must stop the use of retinols, glycolic and salicylic acids, and minimize sun exposure. Prior to your procedure we will take before pictures in order to track results over the treatment period.
- It is important to arrive at the office without make-up.
- Although many do not require topical numbing it will be offered to you to further enhance your experience. The anesthetic is required be left on the skin for one hour prior to the procedure; the area is cleansed once more prior to the treatment, and then the laser treatment will begin.
- Tetra CO2 and CoolPeel™ can take as little as 15 minutes to complete depending on the size, location, and condition of the area being treated—but allowing for an hour appointment time, including the numbing, is requested. Since Tetra CO2 is tailored to your desired outcome, and depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment, you may experience some immediate redness and roughness to the skin.
Most patients describe an increased sensation of heat during the treatment. To minimize discomfort, a topical anesthetic can be applied prior to the procedure. Additionally, cooling air is used during the procedure to minimize any discomfort.
- One of the main benefits of a CoolPeel™, is that there is minimal downtime. You should expect to be a little red, as if you have a sunburn, for a day, or two, but nothing should prevent you from returning to your normal daily activities. Your skin may feel dry and scaly as it heals so it is important to keep the skin hydrated.
- Keep your skin-care routine simple throughout the recovery process—a gentle cleanser and hydrating moisturizer. Plus, with your healing and sensitive skin, you’ll want to avoid direct sun exposure and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 30.
- If you are having a traditional Tetra CO2 treatment, then down time is expected to be around a seven to ten days.
- Results from this treatment are progressive. The skin will look sunburned and rough immediately after and for a couple of days, then feel softer, look brighter and have a more even skin tone shortly following the treatment. You will experience even more improvement in the three to six months that follow as the deep layers of the skin continue to heal. Results can last for a number of years depending on your age and skin condition.
It is recommended that you do not apply any make-up for at least 24 hours. You can then utilize mineral makeup to ensure you maintain clear pores and allow your skin to breathe and heal properly over time.
- The number of treatments you will need depends on your goals, desired outcomes and lifestyle. We will work with you to weigh the aggressiveness of treatment with the downtime associated. Typically, patients receive their desired outcomes in 1-3 treatments. For the most aggressive Tetra CO2 treatment, results are seen in just one treatment.
- Every patient is different, and results may vary due to a number of factors. During your consultation, we will discuss the results you can expect.
- The primary risk of side effects is the potential for hyperpigmentation- darkening of the skin, or hypopigmentation- lightening of the skin, for patients with olive or brown skin. This is true of any laser treatment.
- Also, as with other laser treatments, if you have a history of Herpes cold sore virus there is a risk the laser energy can trigger an outbreak of cold sores. Dr. Hernberg can provide a prescription for antiviral medication if you have had an outbreak in the past.
You will start noticing improvements after one week. The collagen production has been stimulated, and your skin resurfacing has begun. You will see real improvements as your outermost layers of damaged, dull skin cells are shed and replaced with younger, healthy cells. Texture issues, sun damage, age spots and pigmentation, overall dull skin — these will all improve dramatically beginning after about a week. Your new, healthier skin will continue to reveal itself moving forward.
These are permanent improvements in your skin thanks to the high energy delivered by the Tetra laser. Of course, your skin will continue to age. But if you protect your skin from the sun, you’ll enjoy these improvements for a long time.
- The Tetra CO2 CoolPeel™ pricing depends on the area you’re having treated and the number of treatments you need for your desired results. We encourage you to come in for a free consultation at which point we can give you a more precise idea of cost.
- Treatment package pricing is available to offset the total cost.
- By combining your treatment with other modalities, VIRTUE RF MICRO NEEDLING, you can take advantage of huge savings!
In 2004, Dr. Scott Hernberg, founded Tomorrow’s Wellness Center in Northfield, NJ. Located in the Atlantic City Area, Dr. Scott turned his energy and passion from being a leader in Peri-Operative Medicine to creating a holistic, technologically advanced wellness center that helps individuals feel well and look their best.