AnteAGE® Your skin works hard to protect you every day. Your stem cells provide healing intelligence for near flawless regeneration.…
Epidermal Leveling, also known as, Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair. It has been used for many years, but few estheticians know that it exists so it is not commonly used. Epidermal Leveling is a simple shaving of the epidermis with a medical grade scalpel. It is a quick procedure with few to no adverse effects. It is quickly gaining popularity among cosmetic medical providers across the country. Using a scalpel and a delicate touch the provider simply abrades the surface of the skin using light feathering strokes. This is a great procedure for patients who are pregnant or nursing and want a deep exfoliation, but cannot use chemical peeling agents on their skin during this time. It is also a first choice for patients who have excess vellus hair on the skin. This hair can cause a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the patient healthier looking skin.
- Refreshes skin
- Removes vellus hair from the skin
- Exfoliates and smooths skin imperfections
- Non-invasive treatment
- Suitable for women of all skin types
- Immediate results and no downtime
The hair does not grow back heavier or darker after epidermal leveling, since this is a concern to some. As long as the hair is superficial vellus hair, it will grow back at the same rate and texture as before treatment.
Removing the epidermal skin allows products to penetrate more readily into the deeper layers. Physicians may recommend this treatment to prepare the skin for medical procedures such as laser treatments or deep chemical peels. It also may be used by estheticians to prepare the skin for superficial chemical peels. Epidermal Leveling (Dermaplaning) is most used on patients with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, mild acne scarring, or fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment results in a more refined, smooth, and glowing appearance.
- It is non-invasive and helps make other skin care treatments more effective.
- It thins and compacts stratum corneum and thickens the dermis resulting in increased absorption of active products, increased firmness and elasticity, and minimized fine lines and wrinkles.
- It is very important to provide essential nutrients and protection to your newly exposed skin. When Epidermal Leveling is used in conjunction with specially designed skincare products, the procedure can make healthy and beautiful skin a reality.
In 2004, Dr. Scott Hernberg, founded Tomorrow’s Wellness Center in Northfield, NJ. Located in the Atlantic City Area, Dr. Scott turned his energy and passion from being a leader in Peri-Operative Medicine to creating a holistic, technologically advanced wellness center that helps individuals feel well and look their best.